It’s that time of year again when holiday celebration is in full swing. Cocktails are flowing, sweet treats are baking and drama’s a brewing. Keep your sanity this season with my very own holiday party survival tips.
Click the video to hear what I have to say!
1. Don’t Save Yourself for the Main Event: In other words, eat before you go. It may sound counterintuitive but if you eat a small, healthy snack like a smoothie or salad before a party, you’ll make better choices once you step up to the buffet table because you won’t be famished. Likewise, eat breakfast and lunch before a dinner. You’ll eat less and feel more satisfied.
2. Pick Your Poison: Allow one or two quality indulgences for the treats you love and enjoy. For most, it’s unrealistic to deprive yourself this time of year so don’t try. If you allow it, you won’t go nuts with it but if you forbid it, you could break down and overdo it.
3. One On One Off: Resist the urge to binge drink and keep pace with your pals. Alternate your cocktails with plain water, kombucha or seltzer. Ask for it in your cocktail glass of choice so nobody will know. Or just own it. You’ll wake up bright-eyed and busy-tailed the next day. Everyone else? Notsomuch.
4. Schedule “You” Time: Don’t forget to take care of yourself and spend some time re-charging. If you don’t schedule it in, it won’t happen and you can’t be your holiday cheeriest without it.
5. Get Choosy: Don’t feel obligated to go to every event you’re invited to. Assess the ones that feel right to you. Go to the parties and get-togethers where you’ll feel inspired, energized and supported; avoid the ones where the Negative Nancys will be.
What are your tips for surviving the holiday season? Share them in the comments below.
If you liked what you just read (or watched), share it with your friends on social media.